- 20th November, 2017
We are living in an incredible time. Social media is changing every day, and if you don't keep up - you'll soon fall far behind your competition. However, there is one thing that will never change, and that's the power of engagement.
1. Be consistent - Schedule your posts.
- Keep consistency in mind. Make a plan for what you're going to post and how often you're going to post, and stick with it. Use a social media marketing tool to schedule your posts to go out at optimum times. Social media automation tools will create unique, trackable links for your social posts and monitor engagement of your shares and posts.
2. Social Media is Now Mainstream Media - Use all social networks.
- If you want to be successful with social media, then you need to post across all networks. This means having and maintaining an account with all of the big social media sites, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram. The distinct advantage of social platforms as a media and news source is that they provide updates in realtime and users can converse about it in the comments. It’s important to know how people use social media in order to best target them.
3. How it’s useful to you and your network - Content Curation.
- Content is the currency of the social web. It’s what people search for. What makes them click, share, comment, subscribe, donate, follow or buy from you. But creating valuable, compelling content can be quite a challenge for many entrepreneurs, businesses and organisations. So! If you think you’re not quite ready for that particular challenge, you should start thinking about content curation.
4. Be Picky About What You Share - Formatting content.
- Maintaining accounts across all of the major social media platforms doesn’t mean posting the same thing on four different sites every day. It means formatting content specifically meant for each platform. You need photos for Instagram, long posts for LinkedIn, videos and memes for Facebook and short and snappy announcements for Twitter. All of your posts should be different, even if they are delivering the same message.
5. Give People a Reason to Follow You - Follow strategically.
- Part of your strategy is attracting a large group of interested followers, but you don’t have to wait around for them to follow you. Be proactive about building the quality audience you want by following strategically. Look for people who are interested in or talk about topics related to your niche all the time.
6. Compare how you stack up - Research Competition.
- Have you started to notice that a certain competitor is killing it with their social media content? Well, that may mean their social media marketing strategy is different to yours.
- So, if you were to keep an eye on them to see what they are coming up with for their content, you could potentially adapt your marketing strategy to include a few adapted versions of their posts to boost your interaction on the social media channels. You should always be aware of what your competitors are doing on social media, as you want to make sure you’re not missing out on anything that could potentially boost your business’s response.
7. Choose Your Image Wisely - Post more images.
- The results are in and photos have shown to be the most popular type of social media content for engagement. They get the most shares on Facebook. And the most Retweets on Twitter. In fact, Instagram has the most engagement of any social media channel. It’s not a coincidence that both Instagram and Pinterest were able to gain a lot of Attraction.